March 28, 2009

March. In like a lamb out like a lion?

March (my favorite month) is coming to a close. I have been so busy blogging about the Iditarod that I have not kept up on the comings and goings around the Azevedo household. So here is a quick recap of the past couple of weeks.

I had a wonderful birthday. I would have to say one of the best since I have been in KC. One of the reasons may be due to the fact that E was home for my birthday for the first time in 4 years. :-) Also all my friends and coworkers at Modern PT did a great job of making my day special. I received new fun colored socks and some shamrock socks which I donned for the special day. I also received two little green beanie babies with white shamrocks. Lisa made a wonderful vegetable soup, Ashlee made delicious cornbread, and Courtney made a great birthday cake. :-) Bellini also had a great day. She found one of my beanie babies in my gift bag after I was home for a whopping 5 min and proceeded to take it and hide it in the back yard. I caught her taking the second one out the doggie door and when I asked her where the first one was she took me directly to it in the back yard. What a smart dog, mischievous but smart. The weather was in the 80s for my birthday which was a real treat after the cold of the winter.

Speaking of weather I have been pondering the saying in like a lamb and out like a lion. Last weekend was 70 degrees and E and I had a great time spending as much time outside as possible. However so far this weekend is consumed with freezing rain and snow. Therefore, I would have to agree with the Farmers Almanac that March 2009 came in like a lamb and went out like a lion.

Here are some pics I quickly snapped out of our back door of the snow coming down.





No comments: