March 8, 2009

International Women's Day


So as I was logging off the computer I noticed my Yahoo had a women's symbol in the O. Being the curious procrastinator I am, I clicked on it to figure out why. Imagine my surprise when I found out today, March 8th, is International Women's Day! Who knew? Granted I am not much for watching the news right now (a little too depressing for my taste) but I don't ever remember learning about this holiday to celebrate women which has been around since 1911.


For more info you can go to the official webite: http://www.internationalwomensday.com


Happy International Women's Day to all you ladies out there! I am very grateful to be born in a country and in a time where women are afforded so many rights. Thank you to all the ladies whose struggles have made this possible for all of us!


You GO GIRLS!!!


No comments: