Well we have a winner. Lance Mackey is the first musher to make it to Nome. He arrived with 15 dogs. Congrats Lance!
Since my update yesterday Lance left Elim and travelled 28 miles to Golovin, 18 miles to White Mountain, 55 miles to Safety, and then 22 to Nome.
The standings for the rest of the pack are as follows:
2. Sebastian Schnuelle - Out of Safety - 13 dogs - 7.86 mph
3. John Baker - Out of Safety - 9 dogs - 7.43 mph
4. Aaron Burmeister - In White Mountain - 10 dogs
5. Mitch Seavey - In White Mountain - 10 dogs
6. Cim Smyth - In White Mountain - 9 dogs
7. Dallas Seavey - In White Mountain - 10 dogs
8. Jessie Royer - In White Mountain - 13 dogs
9. Ramey Smyth - In White Mountain - 11 dogs
10. Hans Gatt - In White Mountain - 13 dogs
15. DeeDee Jonrowe - Out of Elim - 13 dogs - 6.92 mph
17. Aliy Zirkle - Out of Elim - 11 dogs - 4.59 mph
27. Melissa Owens - In Koyuk - 11 dogs
Good luck to all of those still out on the trail!