August 2, 2009

Goodbye Jerry

July also marked the end of an era for Esteban and myself.

Jerry our friend and coworker moved back to Arizona. We met him when we were in PT school and he helped to teach us rib mobs, bursal massage, neck mobilizations, etc. Then when Esteban and I moved to Alaska, Jerry and his family came about one year later. Then when E and I moved to Kansas City Jerry and his family also came. He helped us build Modern PT and has worked tirelessly there for the past 5 years. However, home is where the heart is and he just moved back to Tucson to be with his family.

We have always called Jerry magic hands as he is truly a gifted healer. I am very proud to know him and to have been able to work with him for the past 9 or so years. Below are some memories I have of Jerry over the years.

  • Esteban and Jerry laughing hysterically in the office or anywhere really.
  • In Alaska Jerry would often buy and bring me a Diet Coke to drink when he came into work. (When I drank soda) Not because I asked just because that is the kind of guy he is
  • Jerry, E, and I were on the same bowling team in Alaska. We won our league (not due to my skills however). However Jerry's name was spelled wrong and that is where he got his nickname "Kasquez".
  • Jerry and E invented break dance bowling. This is where you have to do a break dance move after you bowl. We have had the robot (always a favorite), catepillar, and Mexican hat dance.
  • Jerry managing our Final Four Basketball brackets every year and having to deal with all the trash talking I did. :)
  • This one is kind of gross but I am going to say it anyway. I had a patients kid throw up in my room on my birthday this year. Jerry worked on it for about one hour before his lunch time getting it cleaned up for me. Again not because I asked but just because it needed to be done.
Jerry's wife Elva is a wonderful cook and I will miss all the delicious lunches and dinners she made us as well as her fantastic pico de gallo and salsa. My mouth is watering just thinking of them.

Thanks guys so much for all the great memories and we will be sure to visit on our travels to Arizona.

We love you guys!



Jerry's going away cake. We had the picture on the cake in the clinic up in the clinic for years. Esteban and Jerry jokingly would tell patients that it was the two of them when they were younger. It is shocking how much they look like Napoleon and Pedro/ Esteban and Jerry. :)

Modern PT
John, Ashlee, Dio, Shabri, Mellannie
Me, Nancy, Court and Lisa
We will miss you Jerry

It's tough to get us all in one location.
John, Ashlee, Dio, Shabri, Mellannie
Esteban, Me, Court, Lisa
We will miss you Jerry

Modern PT at Emily's Wedding
Amy, Cheri, Jerry, Elva, Kelly
Lisa, Esteban, Courtney




No comments: