June 21, 2009

To the World's Greatest Dad!


Happy Father's Day Dad!

Thanks for being such a wonderful father! Your love, compassion, sense of humor and selflessness are a shining example of the kind of person I strive to be.

I know that being a father is not an easy job. I am sure you worry about your children and hope they grow up ok and then when the grow up you continue to worry about them.

Well being an adult now (most of the time) I can look back and appreciate all the hard and wonderful work you have done over the years.

  • Thank you for standing out in the heat and being the starter at my swim meets. You were phenomenal! I will always remember those bermuda shorts with the mummies on the surf boards that you wore. Very nice! :)
  • Thank you for playing catch, jogging, and going bike riding with me. I know the bike riding was a full contact sport when it came to the speed bumps in the Wigwam!
  • Thank you for playing games with us in the pool and launching Steve and I into the air off your shoulders. What fun!
  • Thank you for the summer vacations to San Diego! Those were the best!
  • Thank you for gifting me with your love of the beach!
  • Thank you for gifting me with your love of animals!
  • Thank you for showing my mother and your entire family what true love, compassion and dedication look like with taking care of Mom day after day!
  • Thank you for telling me on Sister's Day that if you ever had a sister you would want her to be just like me. I have always remembered that and treasured that!
  • Thank you for your wonderful sense of humor. Esteban still laughs about that turtle story you told the first day he met you. :)
  • Thank you for your positive attitude and the zest with which you approach life.
  • Thank you for looking so much like Mick Jagger. (see below)
Dad! I love you so much and wish you a wonderful day today and every day!

You are the GREATEST!!!

No comments: