December 26, 2008

Amy's Christmas Crafts


So for the past four years I have made the presents I give out for Christmas. My items are “bath” in nature. Each year I try different recipes. It is a lot of work but also a lot of fun. Plus I like getting handmade gifts and hopefully so do those who receive my gifts. I thought this year I would “share” a picture of my items with you. On the left side are my tubes and pots of lip balm (honey, beeswax and almond oil). The jars next to the lip balm contain a eucalyptus and lavender Epsom salt soak. The Ziploc containers are a sugar scrub with a citrus spice fragrance oil. The soap is a purple/bluish color and contains canola oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, castor oil, olive oil. Some of the bars have interesting shapes and some dents due to difficulty getting them out of the molds (That’s the fun of homemade gifts right?). Behind the soap are some heart shaped lotion bars (olive oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter). To the right of the soap in the Ziploc containers are lotion made with (cocoa butter, almond oil, avocado oil, apricot oil, palm kernel oil, jojoba). Behind those is a batch of milk and honey bath mix. I was a little late getting my stuff made this year and so I didn’t get pretty containers (hence the Ziploc containers).

No comments: