December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice

Today is the shortest day of the year or as some people remind me the LONGEST NIGHT. Kind of a glass 1/2 empty or 1/2 full scenerio huh?

However, today is also my parents 43rd Anniversary! What were you doing 43 years ago today? As I am a little younger than that my memory is a little hazy . . .

Congratulations Mom and Dad. Your marriage and relationship are an inspiration to both of us.

I looked online to see what the present is for 43 years of marrige and it says Travel. I think this is approprate as looking into your future I see some upcoming travel in April of next year. So I think you will get to celebrate in style. I also looked forward to the gift for 44 years of marriage (planning ahead). According to the website I was on you buy groceries to celebrate 44 years of marriage. Groceries for 44 years of marriage am I wrong or does this seem like the worst gift ever? I am thinking it is good I looked ahead cause we need a year to plan something more special and exciting than buying groceries. :)

Congrats! Love you both!!!


PS. I included a link to the site in case you think I am making this stuff up. Note I am not that creative. :)

http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas_5.htm

1 comment:

Kiera said...

What a funny site! Groceries? What a dud of a year!
After the craziness of the holidays lets all pick a night to craft... I am thinking something pink and butterfly like!